My book club is reading Jolene, You’re Not a Monster, my latest book, in April. I’ve got to come up with some discussion questions. Here’s what I got so far. Can anyone think of anything else? I promise there are no spoilers for those of you that haven’t finished reading Jolene, yet.
- Did the book grabbed you right away for did it take a while to get into it.
- Was Jolene ever too much? Did she ever become the monster?
- How do you think Jolene changed throughout the book?
- What about Reese? What are your thoughts on him? Where would you like to see him go from here?
- What made the villain the bad guy? What made him understandable?
- What about Jeremy? What were your thoughts on him?
- Did you find the plot predictable or what surprised you?
- Why do you think Kacy Jey chose this format, with Jolene’s thoughts in italics? Did it work for you?
- Did you like the writer’s style? Would you read more by Kacy Jey?
- What main ideas or themes does the Kacy Jey explore? What symbols did the she use to support the main theme.
- Was there a certain passage or scene that will stay with you or changed the way you see something in life?
- Is the ending satisfying? Would you want to read a sequel? What would you like to see in the sequel?
- If you could ask the author a question, what would you ask?
Is that enough? What else would be good to ask? Any help is greatly appreciated.