I didn’t know about the #Pit2Pub when I woke up today. Late this morning I took a break from work. I saw it trending and looked up the rules on Kristin D. VanRisseghem’s blog. But just following the rules isn’t enough to get noticed. Here are the tricks I used to get four publishers to ❤ my pitch. So, it wasn’t until after lunch that I was ready to make my first pitch.
- Use a picture. It’s eye catching.
- Like every publisher’s tweet that’s involved.
- Retweet other pitches that I liked.
- Thanked those that retweeted my pitch.
- Followed those that retweeted my pitch.
Now I’ll research those 4 publishers and see if I want to work with them.
Oh and for the future here are what’s coming up that’s similar to the event that happened on Twitter today.
Picture Book Twitter Party — (#PBPitch)
co-hosted by Mandy Yates, PJ McIlvane, & Debra Shumaker